Esteemed Engineering Practitioners, An opportunity to participate has arise as detailed on the attached correspondence from our Line Ministry. Advise this office or directly to the Ministry if interested.
WFEO Flash-Info #29, June 2019 View in your browser Share Tweet Forward to Friend In this Edition Message from the President 2019 WFEO GREE Women in Engineering Award 4th March 2020 - 1st World Engineering Day for Sustainable Development UNESCO 6th Africa Engineering Week & 4th Africa Engineering...
Invitation to Attend 2nd International Conference of Civil Engineering to be held in Beireh, Palestine
Attention: All Civil Engineers An invitation has been extended to Professional Engineers in the discipline of Civil Engineering to attend and participate at the the Second International Conference of Civil Engineering to be held in Beireh, Palestine during the period 25 - 26 November 2019. For...
You are being advised that all ECZ Telephone lines are down at the moment. While we are waiting for TelOne to have them fixed, you can contact us through Cell Phone Number : - +263-784 971 028 Any inconveniences caused is sincerely regretted.
Education And Training
ROLE OF COUNCIL IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.
Continual Professional Development (CPD)
Council has made it mandatory that practitioners need to keep abreast with the new technological developments, discoveries and innovations if they are to remain professionally relevant. To this end, the following conditions apply:
- Every registered member shall be required to accumulate 15 credits annually in order to retain registration.
- There shall be three categories of credits and each candidate shall be required to obtain a minimum of 5 credits from each category
- Category 1- Developmental Activities
- Category 2 - Work based and Individual Activities
- Category 3 - Involvement in statutory, professional, institutional, technical or non-technical committees or task groups, under Constituent Bodies
CPD can be defined as “the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skills, and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout an engineer’s career”.
Programs and courses for the purpose of CPD points are run and managed by the Constituency Bodies, in this case Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers (ZIE) .