ANNUAL SHUTDOWN We would like to inform our Stakeholders that ECZ will be closed for Annual Shutdown from Monday 18 December 2017 to Friday 12 January 2017. However skeletal staff will be available in office from Monday 18 December 2017 to Thursday 21 December 2017, Wednesday 27 December to...
NOTICE TO ALL ENGINEERS & TECHNICIANS Please be advised that the contact telephone numbers for Engineering Council of Zimbabwe have changed as follows: - +263-24-2222611 / 2222452 / 2227188
Education And Training
ROLE OF COUNCIL IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.
Continual Professional Development (CPD)
Council has made it mandatory that practitioners need to keep abreast with the new technological developments, discoveries and innovations if they are to remain professionally relevant. To this end, the following conditions apply:
- Every registered member shall be required to accumulate 15 credits annually in order to retain registration.
- There shall be three categories of credits and each candidate shall be required to obtain a minimum of 5 credits from each category
- Category 1- Developmental Activities
- Category 2 - Work based and Individual Activities
- Category 3 - Involvement in statutory, professional, institutional, technical or non-technical committees or task groups, under Constituent Bodies
CPD can be defined as “the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skills, and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout an engineer’s career”.
Programs and courses for the purpose of CPD points are run and managed by the Constituency Bodies, in this case Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers (ZIE) .