Interested bidders are required to obtain the tender documents that consist the instructions and Scope of work from The Supply Chain Manager, Zimbabwe Power Company Head Office, 11th Floor Megawatt House, 44 Samora Machel Avenue, Harare upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$10.00 per tender....
NOTICE TO ALL ENGINEERS & TECHNICIANS Please be advised that the contact telephone numbers for Engineering Council of Zimbabwe have changed as follows: - +263-24-2222611 / 2222452 / 2227188
Education And Training
ROLE OF COUNCIL IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.
Continual Professional Development (CPD)
Council has made it mandatory that practitioners need to keep abreast with the new technological developments, discoveries and innovations if they are to remain professionally relevant. To this end, the following conditions apply:
- Every registered member shall be required to accumulate 15 credits annually in order to retain registration.
- There shall be three categories of credits and each candidate shall be required to obtain a minimum of 5 credits from each category
- Category 1- Developmental Activities
- Category 2 - Work based and Individual Activities
- Category 3 - Involvement in statutory, professional, institutional, technical or non-technical committees or task groups, under Constituent Bodies
CPD can be defined as “the systematic maintenance, improvement and broadening of knowledge and skills, and the development of personal qualities necessary for the execution of professional and technical duties throughout an engineer’s career”.
Programs and courses for the purpose of CPD points are run and managed by the Constituency Bodies, in this case Zimbabwe Institution of Engineers (ZIE) .