Please find herewith the Resolutions of the 4th UNESCO Africa Engineering Week (AEW) and 2nd Africa Engineering Conference (AEC), on “Effective Waste Management in Africa”, held in Kigali, Rwanda, from September 25-29th, 2017 for your...
Applications are invited for the following posts: - LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR FACULTY OF ENGINEEERING 1.1 DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING (4 POSTS) POST A : GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING (1 POST) Applicants must have a good first degree in Civil Engineering or...
NOTICE TO ALL ENGINEERS & TECHNICIANS Please be advised that the contact telephone numbers for Engineering Council of Zimbabwe have changed as follows: - +263-24-2222611 / 2222452 / 2227188
APPOINTMENT OF ENGINEERS TO VARIOUS UNIVERSITY COUNCILS It is with great pride and pleasure that we congratulate our colleagues from the Engineering Profession for their appointment as members of Council at various Universities in the country. The Ministry of Higher and...
Functions of ECZ
FUNCTIONS OF THE ENGINEERING COUNCIL OF ZIMBABWE
- To consider and administer applications for registrations;
- To maintain the Register of Engineers and Technicians;
- To issue practising certificates to registered persons and to cancel or suspend such certificates;
- To ensure that constituent bodies have adequate procedures to enforce ethical practice and discipline among Engineers and Technicians registered under the Engineering Council Act;
- To encourage cooperation between constituent bodies in matters of common interest;
- To take such steps as appear to Council to be necessary or desirable to advance the standing and effectiveness of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe;
- To promote the view of the engineering profession on national, regional and international issues;
- To evaluate, monitor and uphold the standards of qualifying criteria or examinations, courses and training set or offered by constituent bodies;
- To encourage manpower development to meet the requirements of the engineering profession in Zimbabwe
- To provide for the accreditation of college-based courses.